The old wooden village hall was opened on 10th July, 1936 by Mr and Mrs J.L.Sheridan, who were the donors of the land on which the hall stands. It was erected by local builders and was a very well used hall, with all sorts of socials, whist drives, WI meetings and other activities taking place.
One of the features of the old hall (that was continued in the design for a new one), is an excellent wooden floor - ideal for dancing. There are many stories of people coming from miles around to the dances held in Frampton, especially during the war when there were troops stationed in the village.
Not only troops from home but also the glamorous Americans who came to practise for D-Day landings.
Eventually, after about fifty years, the hall proved too small and lacking modern facilities, and a new hall on the same site was planned. There was a successful local fundraising campaign, and it was opened on 31st March 1990 by Sir Stephen Hammick.
Since then after further fund raising the new Hall was extended. This gave a larger kitchen and main hall. This was completed and opened in 2009. In the process the kitchen was upgraded.
2015 sees us in the process of having photo-voltamic cells fitted along the apparently near perfect south facing roof and in the future still there are designs for a yet further extension.